Definitive Guide for Uninterrupted Roku Setup and Streaming
From correctly setting up Roku to searching and activating Roku channels for streaming, we’ve got all you need in this Ultimate Roku Guide.
Roku undoubtedly is the peerless brand, when it comes to online streaming devices. And has continue to increase its popularity through leaps and bounds over the years.
Inside boxes, sticks and even the smart TV’s, Roku devices are everywhere. If you’re also one of the Roku users, you’re probably aware of its potential for both streamlined streaming and abundance variety.
There’s a lot of stuff this tiny device is capable of, and while that’s mostly a blessing, it can often be a curse, too. Read on to know how to get rid of such curses. From setup to activate Roku TV, these tips have got you covered.
Correct Procedure for Setting up Roku
Roku streaming starts with setting up your Roku. Despite being the Setup process both intuitive and quick, still you run into any snags, follow this correct procedure:
- Connect the Roku box to your television following the procedure indicated in the Roku manual .
- Make sure you have connected the player to a functional HDMI port.
- If needed use the extender cable.
- Turn on your TV and select the input channel for the Roku box .
- Choose your preferred language under “Let’s get started”.
- Once you see the Roku welcome screen , press the Select button on the Roku remote control .
- Then choose the type of connection you have (wired or wireless) on the network screen and provide the necessary information about your network.
- You must note that the setup steps might be varied for the Ethernet and the Wi-Fi users, however Roku interface will walk you through the adequate steps either way.
- Once the connection is established, press OK button to auto-adjust the display.
- It may take a few seconds, and for the time being, you might see a blank screen.
- If the adjusted display fits your screen, keep it. Else, change it using the on-screen options.
- Now you should see the activation screen with an activation(alphanumeric sequence) code.
- Navigate to the Roku Activation link, and activate your device.
- After the device gets activated, it will give you the opportunity to choose and add Roku channels.
- Select by clicking on the desired channels, and ignore the rest.
- In the end step, the Roku will update itself for system software update and the chosen channel.
Searching and Activating Roku Channels
Some channels are by default added to Roku at the time of Roku activation. However, you’re not confined just to these built in handful of channels. In fact, you can find and add plenty of other channels. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to main menu and click on “Streaming Channels”.
- This will show you a list of all the channels available for streaming.
- In case you’re looking for a particular one, choose search channels.
- Type the name of the channel you’re looking for and it will locate it for you.
- In case you wish to choose a channel from the list, use the navigation buttons of the Roku remote.
Browsing to new channels, one can find the hidden gems that would never have popped up on the screen otherwise. Apart from this, one can also go for specified content channels to Movies, TV or Games.