What is Roku TV Activation Link Code
Using a Roku player is the most convenient way of online content streaming. All you need to do is just plug it to your TV’s HDMI port, connect to the internet, activate it using Roku activation Link and start streaming. For activation, you will need the Roku Activation code. This is the code that displayed on your TV set after you connect the Roku player.That is why it is also known as Roku TV link code. The process of activation for Roku is very easygoing. But still, most of the times users clashes with the issues during the Roku activation and setup. Half of these issues arises due to mistakes of the users in the implementation of the setup or activation steps.
And other half is either due to technical glitches of the gadget or errors from the Network side. However, with the step by step guidance you can set up and activate your Roku device at ease. So move forward to next section to read and start the process of activation for Roku.
Steps for Activation For Roku using Roku Link Code
Roku players helps you to stream what you love either through a wired or a wireless connection. It takes input from the internet via your router and give the output to your TV set using the HDMI or audio/video cable. But before that, you need to set up and activate it using the Roku Link code. This code is a unique code provided to the users for the activation of Roku. That is why this process is also known as Roku Link Code Activation.
Here’s how you can set up and Activate your Roku device hassle-free and in the least time:
- Prepare you device for the Setup. Connect it to the power supply.
- Use the HDMI cable to pair Roku with TV. Plugin the one end to the port on Roku and other end to the TV’s HDMI port.
- Make sure you have connected the cables properly and to the correct slots.
- Thereafter choose the correct sequence of HDMI port on your TV screen as Input.
- Further, connect your streaming device to the internet– wired or wireless.
- Ensure that you have used correct network credentials and then activate your Roku Account.
Activate your Roku Account
- After connecting the Roku to the Internet, its time for Roku account activation.
- If you don’t have an account you need to create one, else simply sign-in with your username and password.
- Once you’re into your account update the device to the latest software.
- Then visit Roku activation link – roku.com/link activation and type in the link code in the prompted box.
- You will get the Roku activation code from your account, it’s a unique code and one time usable.
- Entering the Roku TV link code will auto activate your device.
Once the Roku activation and Roku account setup is done, you are able to choose and subscribe the Roku channels of your choice. You can checkout our “Roku Channel” section for detailed guide on channels.
Errors During the Roku Activation
The activation process for Roku requires the Roku Link Code activation. And for that you need to have the Roku account setup and linked to your device. This is the account that keeps tracks of the all Roku devices owned by you, channels subscribed by you, preferences and the settings. Once you have the account setup, you can complete the activation process on the go.
If you are struggling with activation issues, here are some common issues along with their troubleshooting:
Errors with the Activation code
In case the error appears at the time of entering the link code on the Roku Activation link, then double-check the code you’re typing. Might be you’re not typing it correct or also there might be a network or server error.
Here are the tips with which you can resolve this issue:
- Check the internet connection.
- Make sure you have provided the correct credentials of your Network and the Roku account.
- Get a new code by pressing the start button of your Roku remote.
- Enter the new code and get your device activated.
Activation Error 001
Error 001 of Roku resembles the error in activation. This error can be a general error , error from the server end , or error from the streaming stick itself. It generally appears when you enter the activation code to the Roku activation link. Given below are the fix for each of these.
Troubleshooting Error Code 001
- First of all check the code you are typing. Avoid doing typos.
- The code expires after a certain period so use it accordingly.
- Code used once, can not be used again for other device.
- Get a new code using the HELP menu of the Roku if the current code is not working.
- Check and fix the network connection issues.
- In case of wired connection, check the Ethernet or LAN cable.
- And if it is connected through Wi-Fi, check and change the router’s settings.
- For diagnosing the network issues, click on “check connection” under the “Network Section”.
- Check with your Internet Service Provider if there is an internet outage.
Troubleshooting Other Activation Errors
Got stuck on Link code screen? Here’e the Fix
In general, the activation process takes around a minute to complete after entering the activation code. But if you are stuck at that screen more than this duration, here are the tips you need:
- Ensure that your Roku device is properly connected to the TV.
- The Roku device should be getting proper internet connectivity.
- Prior to the activation, your Roku account should be active and must linked with your device.
- You must complete all the required steps mentioned above in the activation section else it results in activation errors.
These above-mentioned resolving measure works great for every Roku model. For troubleshooting other issues, check out our “Roku Troubleshooting” page.